Pages

Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Free Your Mind Tuesday #6: Happiness

This is post #6 in a series of post for the 50 questions that will "Free Your Mind" which I will be doing every Tuesday. If you have chanced upon my blog and have answered or is also planning to answer the same set of questions, please do link up so that we can all read each others' entries.

#6
If happiness was the national currency, what kind of work would make you rich?

I'd run an amusement/theme park for kids. 'Nuff said.





I've thought this thing over before and I first asked myself: What made me happy?
Simple things made me happy.
But then when was I truly happy?
When I was having fun with my family.

I first thought of birthing homes, because every baby is an angel, and when they are born into this world, he not only makes his parents happy but everyone around him. But then I thought of postpartum depression.

I thought of candy shops but then there's toothache.

I thought of beaches, resorts, islands... But they're usually for adults to enjoy.

I have never been to Disneyland myself, but it's one of the places I'd want to visit someday. 
It's like every kid's dream come true, including kids at heart.

Kids are innocent yet so full of imagination. What happiness would it give them when they get to see their imaginations come to life. If I could only name every ride and describe how each happy kid would feel while in it, I'd be at a loss for words.

Yes, amusement parks, that would make me really rich if happiness was the currency.
 

I know I wouldn't be the richest... 
What else would make me rich if happiness were the currency? It should be considered as work... hmm, any suggestions? :-) Would you run an amusement park too?

For adults though, I'd probably sell chocolates! :)

4 comments:

  1. If happiness were the currency I'll have a open-to-all food shop, where people can come and make delicious food for strangers. Anyone can be a chef and everybody can try out new food :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Shashank
    You're right! I was too selfish to have thought of "my happiness" first when there are actually people out there who don't even have access to simple things in life. I'd probably feed the hungry too and construct shelters for the homeless. :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting question. I could make a small fortune just being with friends and family. And blogging, of course :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. If happiness were currency I would place the banjo. You can't be sad whilst listening to a banjo play. :) Love this concept! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to drop by! I'Il surely return the love! xoxo