Pages

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

catching up

I was a total bum this week and I had some draft posts but were never able to post them because they lacked something: pictures. Stories are always better told when pictures are present. My camera had been busted for the longest time ever and I'm so lazy to go and have it fixed. But I will soon because it's summer and there will be lots, and I say, lots of things that are going to happen. My cellphone camera isn't that trusty too. Because I always leave my phone at home. :P

Talking about happenings, let me share with you a few things that happened to me this week.

Mid-week catching-up

[03.25] It was my grandmother's birthday and we had a mañanita for her. I'm just saving that for another post. The pictures are with my cousin and she seems to have trouble transferring the photos from her camera to the computer. Dunno why.

I also purchased tickets for a vacation. Boy, am I excited! I even dreamt about the place that night. I'm off to an island somewhere and I'm definitely sharing lots of photos then.


[03.26] Earth Hour. I was at home. Though there was a program going on somewhere nearby, I wasn't in the mood to go. Besides, nobody would drive me home, so I'd rather be home. Turned off the lights for an hour. Just the lights inside the house. Robbers are everywhere :P

[03.27] A buzz was going on around the web about this Willing Willie video over at YouTube. That's a local show here in the Philippines. If you'd watch the video, it actually shows a kid gyrating like a macho dancer. He obviously didn't like it because he was crying.

The issue is, why would some host exploit the innocence of a child on national television and make fun (and definitely, money) out of it? Moralists were outraged. Honestly, I found it cute at first, but then it wasn't funny. And then it was just too much. It was too much for a 6-year old kid. By the way, the kid's dad went live last Monday and said that they're proud of what the kid did and that all the money he earned (P10,000) was given to him in full. Ugh. Whatever. What's your take?

[03.28] My 12-month old nephew finally learned how to walk! While me and my sister were having home-serviced pedi over at my aunt's house, my nephew was showing us his new talent! He can now walk! We were all so happy (and tired)! Thank God for blessings.

[03.29] It was my 5-year old cousin's graduation day from day care. She led the invocation and it was so cute because she was really jittery and looked like she was about to cry. Nevertheless, she said the memorized prayer without flaw and we are so proud of her! After her prayer, she walked over to her mother and said: "Bike!". She was referring to her mom's promise that she were to buy her a new bike since she doesn't like the one that she has if she went on stage and pray. After the event, she cried the whole time because she wanted the bicycle to be bought immediately. It was fun everyone shelled out money so that she can buy the bike she wanted. Uhm, being a bum/unemployed/student, I didn't donate. haha! But I promised that I will give her money.. soon. haha! That night, she was able to buy the bike. And she was in bike heaven.

On another note, the new pumps I purchased online was delivered. I'm not showing it off just yet. haha :) 
It'll have it's own time to shine.

And today, I was so lazy I didn't go to school. I was supposed to enrol for my summer class but then I didn't want to go out. My mother said I should cook hotcake for snacks but they're boring. So she said add some choco or anything to put flavor on it. We only have one tiny unsweetened choco bar left so I decided to just throw in some choco malt, Milo. And because I'm soooo lazy today, looked what happened to my hotcakes.


Okay, I kinda burnt them, but then they tasted good! At least, for my mother. They were too fluffy you can almost taste the air. Kidding. Nah, they were actually good - because there was nothing else to eat. :P

Lazy. It's Wednesday anyway. Anyone is entitled to be lazy.

toodles!




3 comments:

  1. Sounds like you had a pretty busy couple of weeks. Kudos for your nephew and happy belated b-day to your grandma! And those hotcakes.. they look like pancakes but a little thicker.. is it? Now I'm craving for pancakes.. great:) And btw I just discovered your blog and I am now following you thanks to Wednesday Blog Hop and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
    And don't forget to check our new Blog Tutorial going on today. It's very easy and it would look amazing on your blog:) See you there!
    Happy Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. yey! im happy to know im not the only one bumming around! lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Design It Chic
    thanks for taking time to visit and read my blog :) i think pancakes and hotcakes are the same, i have yet to google the difference :) it said hotcakes on the box, so hotcake it is! :P

    i also checked out your blog tutorials.. they're really cool! one day, i'll make use of them. right now, i'm slowly patching up my plans for my blog's layout. your tutorials would really be a big help. thanks! :D

    @Tamara
    thanks for dropping by! :) i've checked your blog too! lovely baby! :)

    @DaMnViXeN
    let's ligid ligid all the way hahaha! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to drop by! I'Il surely return the love! xoxo