Pages

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

{Breaking Dawn} Didn't see that coming

Today, me and my movie buddies, my best friends in the entire world, watched Breaking Dawn Part 2

Truth to tell, I fell in love with the books. It was only on 2007 that I started reading the first installment. It was also the first time I tried novels in audiobooks. I've had Cinderella, Sleeping Beauty, and some fairy tales in audio when I was a kid, but this one was different. The audiobook was about 13 hours long, read in the first person... and well, yeap, somehow, I fell in love with Edward Cullen (ugh!). I just didn't like the last book, it was too long, and dragging.. and I didn't like the sound of Reneesme.

The baby was weird, cute, funny, and scary - all, at the same time!
 Anyways, move forward to what happened today... Honestly, I enjoyed the movie - especially the fight scenes. I didn't watch the Part 1 when it was out in the cinemas (I didn't have high expectations) but then decided to watch it last night to trigger my excitement. And it did. 
My friend gripped my arm when Carlisle lost his head, literally, and we were like, "that was not what happened in the book." As compared to the book, it only suggested what could have happened if a battle erupted, but not as brutal as was portrayed in the movie. But still, it was a great! I kept on thinking that there must be a "Filipino twist" to the movie and somebody will wake up and say "masamang panaginip lang pala (just a bad dream)." Close. :)
At least, here's a movie where there's an effective portrayal and elaboration of an almost forgotten part of the book... and I had to admit, I didn't see that coming!

I also loved the closing credits. And Christina Perri's A Thousand Years. Just perfect (the song + credits, I mean).
I say 7.5 out of 10 stars.

 
I have loved you for a thousand years
I'll love you for a thousand more



Oh, and say hi to my friends! ;-)
It was also Dutch's and Gem's birthday. :D
Whatever movie we watch together, even if it's the worst, I still find it enjoyable haha.

I have loved you for a Thousand years I'll love you for a Thousand more

Read more: CHRISTINA PERRI - A THOUSAND YEARS LYRICS

1 comment:

  1. YES!! I totally get what you mean in this post. I read all the books, but when I watched this movie my heart nearly escaped me... I was like that did not happen! Great movie! And lol, that baby was strange.

    www.lu3luscrossing.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to drop by! I'Il surely return the love! xoxo