Pages

Friday, December 16, 2011

Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas...



So I've been downloading, uhm, illegally (it's Christmas anyway), some albums recently.
And my theme? CHRISTMAS!

***
So that some of you may know (according to ME), today (December 16) marks the 'official' start of Christmas in the Philippines.
Though malls and radio stations play Christmas songs as early as September 1, I consider Christmas to officially commence with the Simbang Gabi, or the 9-day dawn mass until Christmas day. They say that if you get to complete the 9-day mass, your wish will be granted.

I wasn't able to wake up and join the mass this morning, so let me move on. *bitter*
***


Anyway, so much for the segue, back to the albums. Here are my favorites:


I like Zooey Deschanel's voice, it's so distinct and just, beautiful!
Genre: Indie Pop
My favorite: I'll be Home for Christmas




All I know is that Michael Buble is a crooner but does this album belong to the Jazz genre?
Anyway, my favorite from this album: Jingle Bells! It's so cute!
Also, the album made me feel like Michael was singing to me. Eek! haha :D Never knew a Christmas album would make me feel that way.


Meet Christian Bautista. He's a Filipino yet he's very famous all over Asia. He has a Christmas album too.
I'm still looking for a copy of his album though. I heard that it went platinum so  it must be good! 
Here's a preview:

I don't know why I'm doing a post like this. I just wanted something Christmas-sy to post about!
And I like listening to Christmas songs. I love the gloomy-sounding ones. :D 
Winter Wonderland, I'll be Home for Christmas, Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas, White Christmas.

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!

9 Days before Christmas!

I just couldn't resist posting these photos. 
Don't you just love those eyes?


*This post was published/finished on December 16. I changed the settings to have the date changed but then it wouldn't. WHY!?
Finally! It's fine :D

2 comments:

  1. I love She and Him!! Zooey is ahhhh-mazing!

    And Micheal Buble? 'nuff said. I would, hands down, marry that man if he asked me (and wasn't already hitched...). All of his music is like that that, where you feel like he is singing to you. *love*

    But my favorite Christmas music is the old stuff, Judy Garland, Eartha Kitt, Frank Sinatra, Ella Fitzgerald and the like.

    Enjoy Listening!! And, Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Zooey is perfection! I love her and the album.

    ReplyDelete

Hello! Thank you for taking time to drop by! I'Il surely return the love! xoxo